Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius is second on the list.
The annual ranking is based on two distinct surveys: one of opinion leaders in different fields, including politics, business and media ("the elites"), and the other of the general public.
Grybauskaitė and Butkevičius are deemed Lithuania's most influential politicians in both surveys. The third spot is reserved for Lithuania's first post-independence leader Vytautas Landsbergis in the elites' ranking, while the general public believes that the country's third most influential politician is former President Valdas Adamkus.
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the elite vote:
1. President Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Vytautas Landsbergis, former leader of the Homeland Union-Lithuanian Christian Democrats
4. Valdas Adamkus, former president
5. Andrius Kubilius, former prime minister and former leader of the Homeland Union
6. Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
7. Vilnius Mayor Remigijus Šimašius, leader of the Liberal Movement
8. Saulius Skvernelis, former interior minister
9. Ramūnas Karbauskis, leader of the Peasant and Greens Union
10. MP Gediminas Kirkilas, deputy chairman of the Social Democratic Party
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the people's vote:
1. Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Valdas Adamkus
4. MEP Vilija Blinkevičiūtė
5. Vytautas Landsbergis
6. MEP Rolandas Paksas, leader of the Order and Justice Party
7. Seimas Speaker Loreta Graužinienė
8. MEP Valentinas Mazuronis, leader of the Labour Party
9. Remigijus Šimašius
10. Ramūnas Karbauskis
The staffs of Ingrida Simonyte and Gitanas Nauseda , the two candidates vying to be elected...
President Dalia Grybauskaitė together with the Presidents of Latvia and Estonia met with the U.S....
Ukraine 's new President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday called a snap parliamentary election to give...
Early voting in the presidential runoff and the European Parliament election started in Lithuania...