Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius is second on the list.
The annual ranking is based on two distinct surveys: one of opinion leaders in different fields, including politics, business and media ("the elites"), and the other of the general public.
Grybauskaitė and Butkevičius are deemed Lithuania's most influential politicians in both surveys. The third spot is reserved for Lithuania's first post-independence leader Vytautas Landsbergis in the elites' ranking, while the general public believes that the country's third most influential politician is former President Valdas Adamkus.
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the elite vote:
1. President Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Vytautas Landsbergis, former leader of the Homeland Union-Lithuanian Christian Democrats
4. Valdas Adamkus, former president
5. Andrius Kubilius, former prime minister and former leader of the Homeland Union
6. Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
7. Vilnius Mayor Remigijus Šimašius, leader of the Liberal Movement
8. Saulius Skvernelis, former interior minister
9. Ramūnas Karbauskis, leader of the Peasant and Greens Union
10. MP Gediminas Kirkilas, deputy chairman of the Social Democratic Party
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the people's vote:
1. Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Valdas Adamkus
4. MEP Vilija Blinkevičiūtė
5. Vytautas Landsbergis
6. MEP Rolandas Paksas, leader of the Order and Justice Party
7. Seimas Speaker Loreta Graužinienė
8. MEP Valentinas Mazuronis, leader of the Labour Party
9. Remigijus Šimašius
10. Ramūnas Karbauskis
Moscow has formally notified Vilnius that Lithuanians will be able to travel to Russia's Baltic Sea...
The first thing people should do in case of an accident at the Astravyets nuclear power plant in...
The opposition conservative Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats on Tuesday decided to...
The Seimas of Lithuania on Tuesday refused to allow prosecuting MP Petras Grazulis in the so-called...