Seimas has passed amendments to the Children’s Disbursement Law, based on which every citizen who reaches adulthood will be granted a one-time disbursement. Based on this every individual who reaches 18 years of age is to be granted a single disbursement equal to 55 base social allowances which currently would total 2090 euro.
The payment will not be granted to individuals who are arrested, are incarcerated, are under mandatory observation in specialised psychiatry wards, are wanted or are declared missing. The disbursement will not be granted in cash and will be available for funding:
- Academic and informal studies, as well as purchasing their equipment
- Home furnishing, purchasing household appliances and consumer electronics
- Purchasing paid medical care goods and services
- Purchasing, building, repairing or remodelling a living space
- Home rent
- Utilities payments
- Purchasing land
- Other needs, when coordinated with a municipality representative
The disbursements are expected to cost 68 million euro per year from the state budget. As the sum is relatively significant, the Seimas has asked for further cabinet oversight of the project.
The Municipality of Vilnius is opening two fever clinics following last Wednesday’s Ministry of...
Lithuania's wet-lease and charter services provider GetJet Airlines has given lay-off notices to 370...