The Lithuanian electoral system is a hybrid: 71 parliamentarians are elected in single member constituencies and 70 MPs in multi-member constituencies from the party lists.
Some of Labour Party‘s notable candidates in single member constituencies were:
5. Fabijoniškių constituency - chairman of the parliamentary National Security and Defence Committee Artūras Paulauskas;
6. Šeškinės – MP Vytautas Gapšys;
17. Dainavos – MP, first deupty chairman Vydas Gedvilas;
37 Kuršo – Education Minister Audronė Pitrėnienė;
43. Kėdainių – Minister of Agriculture Virginija Baltraitienė;
53. Nalšios – Culture Minister Šarūnas Birutis;
61. Ukmergės – Parliament Speaker Loreta Graužinienė;
63. Sūduvos – former Health Minister Algimanta Pabedinskienė;
Two lawmakers from the opposition conservative Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats...
Lithuania plans to launch telemedicine services for district and regional hospitals as of next year.
Five players of Lithuania's two top basketball teams, two members of the national football team, a...
Lithuania's population has grown for the first time in 28 years due to migration trends, the...