"We have requested information about an incident that could have taken place and underlined once again that we want more transparency in this process. That would be the second incident - we do not know if it really took place - and we want information," Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius said.
Lyudmila Tatarinovich, the chargé d'affaires of Belarus' embassy to Lithuania, who was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Wednesday, said that no incident had occurred, according to Linkevičius.
"We have reason to doubt the accuracy of the information, because there have been denials. The chargé d'affaires also denied during the meeting that there had been an incident, but we expect that information will be provided in writing after weighing everything carefully once again and we will continue to demand this information for as long as we have reasons to doubt," he said.
When asked if the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had received on Wednesday any new information from unofficial sources about the alleged incident, the minister said that they had not, but added that "we have good reason to doubt (Belarus' statement) that nothing happened."
Belarus has denied the incident. The Belarusian Nuclear Power Plant has said that the construction of the nuclear power facility is going on as normal and that no incidents in the construction and installation work occurred during the period.
Norwegian-owned Lithuanian textile manufacturer Devold says it could producer around 100,000...