Lawyer Morten Engesbak representing interests of the families said they were currently awaiting a decision from prosecutors whether charges will be brought against anyone in the case.
"If anyone is charged, the claim for compensation will normally be forwarded in the same proceedings in court as the criminal case," the lawyer told BNS last week.
"If no one is charged, we will still evaluate whether there will be grounds for a compensation claim, and if so, it will be a civil case," he added.
Investigators recently found that the landslide had been caused by human operations, Tonje Taylor of local police told BNS.
In her words, evidence contained in the report from Norway's Geotechnical Institute had been included into the case.
"The police are now assessing whether the work in the area has been carried out according the given permits given by Sorum municipality," said Taylor.
The authorities have not yet recovered bodies of two Lithuanians killed in November of 2016. Transportation of remains of the single discovered Lithuanian citizen to the home country was covered by their families, lrytas.lt news portal has said.
Another three Lithuanians working at the site managed to escape the 420-meter-wide and 270-meter-long landslide in Sorum.
The joint venture of the three Baltic states RB Rail AS has commenced the Study for the Development of...
The Latvian defense ministry proposes developing a comprehensive national defense system that would...
Negotiations on Latvia's next coalition government ran into a deadlock again on Thursday as the five...