Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius is second on the list.
The annual ranking is based on two distinct surveys: one of opinion leaders in different fields, including politics, business and media ("the elites"), and the other of the general public.
Grybauskaitė and Butkevičius are deemed Lithuania's most influential politicians in both surveys. The third spot is reserved for Lithuania's first post-independence leader Vytautas Landsbergis in the elites' ranking, while the general public believes that the country's third most influential politician is former President Valdas Adamkus.
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the elite vote:
1. President Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Vytautas Landsbergis, former leader of the Homeland Union-Lithuanian Christian Democrats
4. Valdas Adamkus, former president
5. Andrius Kubilius, former prime minister and former leader of the Homeland Union
6. Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
7. Vilnius Mayor Remigijus Šimašius, leader of the Liberal Movement
8. Saulius Skvernelis, former interior minister
9. Ramūnas Karbauskis, leader of the Peasant and Greens Union
10. MP Gediminas Kirkilas, deputy chairman of the Social Democratic Party
Lithuania's most influential politicians, the people's vote:
1. Dalia Grybauskaitė
2. Algirdas Butkevičius
3. Valdas Adamkus
4. MEP Vilija Blinkevičiūtė
5. Vytautas Landsbergis
6. MEP Rolandas Paksas, leader of the Order and Justice Party
7. Seimas Speaker Loreta Graužinienė
8. MEP Valentinas Mazuronis, leader of the Labour Party
9. Remigijus Šimašius
10. Ramūnas Karbauskis
Two ministries remain without a minister – education and science, as well as environment. The...
Ministry of Transport and STT will audit the Ministry of Education and Science and subordinate institutions
In order to resolve the country’s problems with teachers’ wage payments and to find resources for...
A candidate has appeared for one of the three vacant minister portfolios. Prime Minister Saulius...
Seimas Ombudsman calls Parliament to avoid initiatives limiting independence of national broadcaster
The Seimas Ombudsman has called the Parliament to avoid any initiatives limiting the independence of...
Candidates to Vilnius mayor view solving congestion differently: proposals range from tramway to monorail
Tramway, free parking lots, free public transport, smart traffic system – these and other measures,...