To read this article, try a €5.99 monthly subscription by clicking here.
UK's largest financial services network Post Office has compiled a list of Europe's most affordable destinations for a short holiday. The Lithuanian capital, Vilnius, is ranked third on the list.
Researchers calculated the price of two overnight stays for the weekend in a three-star hotel, tickets to an art gallery, popular museums, a cultural heritage object, a tour bus, 48-hour transport costs, transport from an airport to the city centre, a three-course lunch for two, two glasses of wine, soft drinks, a bottle of beer and a cup of coffee.
Here is the top 10 most affordable cities in Europe for a weekend stay:
10. Dubrovnik, Croatia. Total price: €223;
9. Moscow, Russia. Total price: €202;
8. Budapest, Hungary. Total price: €198;
7. Lisbon, Portugal. Total price: €194.65;
6. Riga, Latvia. Total price: €193.6;
5. Athens, Greece. Total price: €190,6;
4. Prague, Czech Republic. Total price: €179.67;
3. Vilnius, Lithuania. Total price: €173.15;
2. Krakow, Poland. Total price: €171.64;
1. Warsaw, Poland. Total price: €155.80.
As the world celebrates International Programmer’s Day, Lithuania’s capital city has hit upon a...
Visitors are one again allowed onto Gediminas Hill in central Vilnius after a break of around eight...
Traditional St. Bartholomew ’s Fair certificated as Lithuanian national heritage is revived for...
It’s no question as to where the citizens and guests of Vilnius will be heading to for lunch or...