After seeing how popular “Vikings” are on company’s smart TV, “Telia” invited her to Vilnius on 21-22 of September. Actress agreed to share some thoughts about her career, experience and “Vikings” before coming to the event.
- What was the starting point of your career as an actress? How and when did you decide that you want to take this path?
- I knew I always loved performing I just did not see it as a feasible career choice – I didn’t know where to start. I realized whilst doing my A level in drama, that it was something, that I was very passionate about. And it went from there!
- Torvi was one of the main characters in the show. When was the moment that you realized that she is becoming more and more significant?
- I think around season 4 of the “Vikings” I started realizing that my character was becoming more and more prevalent in the show. Especially I would highlight my storyline with Ubbe and Lagertha. It increased and Torvi was featured so much more!
- What was the most challenging things about portraying Torvi?
- Torvi is fierce. She is a good fighter and a good mother! However, I think the hardest thing about portraying her was playing an older character than I was. Also, she has children and playing a mum, who is age 18-23 was very difficult. But I learned that, and now I can say that it was a fun challenge.
- “Vikings” has been an important part of your life for more than six years. How did you feel when the show has reached its end? Do you miss it?
- Personally, I have been on the show for so long, that I felt quite ready for the journey to come to an end. I felt as though I did everything I could with Torvi as a character. Of course, I miss everyone on the so much and I have so many amazing memories to look back on!
- What did you like the most about “Vikings”? Why would you recommend it for people who still haven’t seen it?
- “Vikings” have something for everyone! Of course, there is a lot of blood and gore and fighting, but equally strong friendships and relationships are also featured in the show. Not to mention the costumes, hairstyles, and the sets. They are amazing!
- Fans will be able to meet you on 21-22 of September in Vilnius. Maybe you would like to say something to them before you meet in person?
- I am so excited to be able to meet you guys in person! It is so great to hear that “Vikings”, and my character has impacted so many people.
Meeting with the actress in September
Lithuanian audience can watch the world-wide famous TV series “Vikings” on “Telia” smart television. To meet, interact, take a picture or take Georgia Hirst’s signature fans will be able on 21-22 of September, during the popular culture event “Comic Con Baltics 2019”, at the “Litexpo Exhibition Centre” in Vilnius.
Visitors will also be able to meet other world-wide famous actors and creators from famous movies and TV series, hear about the ongoing new Lithuanian movie projects, test video games, and technology news, hear about new comics, see cosplay shows, enjoy family space and experience much more other types of entertainment.
Imagine yourself walking city streets and immediately knowing what lies behind the walls of an old...
The ancient artefacts are popular sightseeing spots as they usually reveal stunning panoramas. So, put...
New Delfi TV programme schedule features over 50 shows favourite presenters and daily live broadcasts
The new season of Delfi TV kicked off on 7 September. The audience is sure to be delighted by the...
Last week, Lithuanian silk designer Grete Svegzdaite was recognized at the New York Fashion Week....
Lithuania lets 337 Belarusians to come on humanitarian grounds 84 have come so far
377 Belarusian citizens have been allowed to come to Lithuania on humanitarian grounds but only 82...
Residents of apartment blocks in Lithuania will no longer be able to smoke in balconies if at...
On Wednesday 91 COVID-19 cases were detected in Lithuania . Overall, it adds to 4784 confirmed...
The Nordic and Baltic countries at the Human Rights Council on Wednesday slammed the persecution...