London Olympics champion swimmer Rūta Meilutytė is second on the list, followed by singer and TV personality Marijonas Mikutavičius.
The list is continued by singer Andrius Mamontovas and former discus thrower Virgilijus Alekna.
The survey of 721 respondents - a select group of opinion makers in politics, business, media and public service - was conducted by Reitingai magazine for DELFI on May 25 through June 15.
Lithuania's most influential sports and pop culture figures:
1. Arvydas Sabonis, basketball player, head of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation
2. Rūta Meilutytė, swimmer
3. Marijonas Mikutavičius, singer
4. Andrius Mamantovas, singer
5. Virgilijus Alekna, discus thrower
6. Arūnas Valinskas, TV producer and host
7. Jonas Kazlauskas, basketball coach
8. Ričardas Berankis, tennis player
9. Daina Gudzinevičiūtė, president of the Lithuanian Olympic Committee
10. Jonas Valančiūnas, basketball player
Can you imagine how animals feel around us? Would like to sing in the language of flies? Have ever...
On March 26, 2019, the Ambassador of Finland to Lithuania HE Christer Michelsson and Mrs Ebba...
When Helen Mirren walks into her home as Catherine the Great in the new HBO mini series named after...
Education experts from around the globe to meet at an international forum ‘World after University’ in April
On 4th of April, 2019 high-ranking politicians, professors, rectors and the best education experts...