London Olympics champion swimmer Rūta Meilutytė is second on the list, followed by singer and TV personality Marijonas Mikutavičius.
The list is continued by singer Andrius Mamontovas and former discus thrower Virgilijus Alekna.
The survey of 721 respondents - a select group of opinion makers in politics, business, media and public service - was conducted by Reitingai magazine for DELFI on May 25 through June 15.
Lithuania's most influential sports and pop culture figures:
1. Arvydas Sabonis, basketball player, head of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation
2. Rūta Meilutytė, swimmer
3. Marijonas Mikutavičius, singer
4. Andrius Mamantovas, singer
5. Virgilijus Alekna, discus thrower
6. Arūnas Valinskas, TV producer and host
7. Jonas Kazlauskas, basketball coach
8. Ričardas Berankis, tennis player
9. Daina Gudzinevičiūtė, president of the Lithuanian Olympic Committee
10. Jonas Valančiūnas, basketball player
The 4th season of the Netflix drama Stranger Things will be shot in Vilnius , with preparations...
The prison complex in Lukiškės has always been a multifunctional space. At the time of its...
Lithuanian theater and movie actor Remigijus Sabulis has died at the age of 65, his colleague...
The anniversaries of two people from Lithuania have been put on the UNESCO list of anniversaries for...