London Olympics champion swimmer Rūta Meilutytė is second on the list, followed by singer and TV personality Marijonas Mikutavičius.
The list is continued by singer Andrius Mamontovas and former discus thrower Virgilijus Alekna.
The survey of 721 respondents - a select group of opinion makers in politics, business, media and public service - was conducted by Reitingai magazine for DELFI on May 25 through June 15.
Lithuania's most influential sports and pop culture figures:
1. Arvydas Sabonis, basketball player, head of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation
2. Rūta Meilutytė, swimmer
3. Marijonas Mikutavičius, singer
4. Andrius Mamantovas, singer
5. Virgilijus Alekna, discus thrower
6. Arūnas Valinskas, TV producer and host
7. Jonas Kazlauskas, basketball coach
8. Ričardas Berankis, tennis player
9. Daina Gudzinevičiūtė, president of the Lithuanian Olympic Committee
10. Jonas Valančiūnas, basketball player
Lithuanian capital Vilnius has turned its centre into an open-air art gallery . The outdoor...
Scientists predict the second wave of coronavirus, and this uncertainty encourages high school...
After a couple of months with the doors closed, museums and galleries are eager to attract visitors.
A large majority of Polish citizens who cast their votes in Vilnius in Poland 's presidential...
Increased financing for the European Union’s (EU) cohesion policy is one of the biggest expectations...
On Sunday, 5 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Lithuania. Overall, it adds to 1874 confirmed...